In this blog post, I will show a very easy and practical way to rank your performance in each area of your life. This simple yet powerful system helped me to find out exactly what I should focus on next to create a balanced and fulfilling life.
I am sure it will help you create much more clarity in your life as well!
By definition “Mastery” means:
- knowledge and skill that allows one to do, use, or understand something as an independently recognized and certified “expert” or professional
- Having complete control or “ownership” of something
- Dominion/superiority/ascendancy /full command of a discipline or profession
Interestingly, a core set of Mastery tools and skills can be applied to multiple disciplines:
- With uncompromising dedication/commitment, discipline, persistence, long-suffering diligence, and sacrifice, one can master math. With similar tools, one can master language.
- It takes similar tools to master the core elements of life: a career, financial independence, marriage, sanity, and retirement prospects.
- Purpose, Mission, Passion, and Dreams fuel the journey. Without them, mastery is a mere drudge and an empty kettle.
Why we need Life Mastery?
Do you want to feel more deeply in touch with the things you want in your life? Would you like to upgrade your power and be able to stay focused on your highest intentions? What would it be like to be more aware and get free from unconscious, self-imposed limitations? Do you desire more fulfillment in life or want to experience the real meaning of your work, relationships, and life? Or are these ideas just a dream that hasn’t yet come true?
To bring these ideas into reality you need to master your life.
Life has some essentials and if you can create a state of balance between them, you will be able to master all aspects of your life.
I have prepared a file (Life Mastery -Rank yourself – Amin Nick Lifestyle), which will help you easily to rank yourself for each life essential item. You can rank yourself from 0 (the lowest) to 10 (the highest). You should not have some essentials with very high rank while others are very low; that means your life essentials are not balanced. As a person who seeks success in life, you need to educate yourself for low-rank essentials and try to make them balance.
This is your state of flow
By balancing each of these factors, you improve mastery in your life. Life mastery will lead you into not only a successful and fulfilling life but also it brings you a state of flow and accomplishment. I invite you to have look at the below video, where positive psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi is talking about Flow State in 2004 TED Talk. You can learn more about the concept of Flow by clicking here.