“Affiliate Marketing” model plays a crucial role in today’s digital world and makes it possible for affiliates to earn money on product (or services) sales without creating products (or services) of their own. The market size of this business grows to $6.8 Billion until 2020. In this blog, I will walk you through a simplified concept of Affiliate marketing, and in the end, you will be able to justify this generalized concept to your personal affiliate marketing model. Considering Affiliate marketing as an online marketing system, we can divide it into two main processes:
- Traffic processing
- Adding values followed by income-generating strategies
I truly wish you to understand the affiliate marketing business model. Therefore, I prefer to focus on basics and foundations in this blog to make sure you master these important foundations, then dive into details and techniques in further articles.
In Affiliate marketing, traffic simply means finding, directing, and collecting online prospects (leads) into a specific range of products or services whereas an affiliate we add value and as a result, earn commissions. We also can call it “initiation of consumer interest or inquiry”.
- Finding the traffic / Vein of gold
- Directing traffic on your landing page / lead capture
- Collecting and owning your traffic/list building
- Highly recommended: Make relation with your list
My favorite strategies
- Authority website
- Personal blog
- Paid advertising models
- Free advertising models
- Social media
Important take away items to keep in mind
- Focus on only one traffic generation strategy at once
- Learn everything you can about it – that might include investing in good courses on the subject
- Master the strategy, which includes producing traffic and leads from it on a daily basis.
- After getting your desired number of leads per day, move on to the next strategy
You will be redirected to the FREE online on-demand workshops to discover how to start your business, online.
You will need to enter your name and your email address, and I will send the FREE online workshops to your inbox.
Adding values followed by income-generating strategies
Let me be honest with you, people are smart, we are all human and we have shared a common sense, “we feel”. If you are trying hard to convince your leads only to use their credit cards and buy from you, I tell you, they simply don’t. We all want to see “What is in it for me?” first and then make that purchase. Be prepared to try hard and add value to people’s lives, solve their problems, guide them, make them feel better about themselves and their lives, give them better skill sets and let them achieve their true dreams by your coaching. You do not need to be a master in that topic, you only need to be one step ahead of them. Only then you will get an amazing reward (Trust me, handsomely) and it is self-fulfilling for you as well.
- Adding value followed by application/subscription fee or 1st sale
- Mid-term educating together with strengthening relationship for higher-end products or 2nd sale
- Long term education for further sales including premium level products or services
How to add values (some examples and not limited to)
- Videos / Workshops / Conferences
- Physical gifts: Books / DVDs
- Services: extension of a guarantee period
- Online coaching sessions ( Skype, Zoom,…)
Opportunities are out there
Please make sure you will review this blog several times to get used to basic terms and connections between different elements of this online business model. Download and print out “Concept of affiliate marketing” and keep it for our next upcoming blogs where we will start the detailed discussion for each main step and you will also need to start to take some actions on daily basis. I recommend you to review “Start an online business, live your dream lifestyle” to have a better understanding of different categories of online businesses and also the concept of being working from anywhere – anytime.
As always, please feel free to contact me anytime if you need any help or further questions. Keep an eye also for upcoming blogs as well 😉
Still want to continue reading some awesome related blogs? Feel free to check these ones: